Sunday, November 3, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW- frē by LIFEPROOF

LIFEPROOF frē for iPhone 5


On October 7th 2013 Verizon broke the news to me that for the first time since I had owned my first iPhone(3G) I would not be able to upgrade to Apple's latest iPhone until November 2014. That news devasted me, but that's another story. That's when I realized that although I was meticulous with my mobile devises, I could not say the same for my youngest son Mark2. I needed my iPhone to make to survive for another year. I've never had an iPhone for more than one year so this made extremely nervous. As astray at home dad I also couldn't insure that Mark2 would let my current phone survive until my next upgrade. I'm not the kind of person who likes to cover his phone in big bulky cases because I like the way my phone looks. I needed to find a solution; I needed to find a case that would literally survive my life(kids). That's when I came across the frē by LIFEPROOF

The frē by LIFEPROOF comes with 1 microfiber cleaning cloth, 1 weatherproof headphone adapter, 2 headphone jack covers, 1 jack cover keeper, as well as the case itself. Unlike other cases which installation men's just slap it on, this is not with the frē. LIFEPROOF requires that you submerge the sealed case in water and weigh it down with a cup for one hour and inspect the the frē for leaks before you place for phone in the case. My wife and I found this this part of the installation cool considering that we thought about about doing our own water test. The case passed inspection and had it not, LIFEPROOF provides a website to visit in order to receive a replacement. They also offer 1year of of a total water protection program if your device receives any water damage.

Hour long water submersion test-passed... On to our own tests


LIFEPROOF advertises that the frē is submersible for 6.6ft and it's also protected from dirt + dust and snow + ice. It also advertises that the frē will survive drops from up to 6.6ft. The current climate doesn't allow for a snow + ice so we recruited my son Mark2 to devise his own testing for the frē. The frē proved that it was waterproof by LIFEPROOF's required test but would it survive Mark2's test? Mark2 is teething and and has used the frē as a teething tool. He has chewed and drooled on the frē for almost an entire month now; it has survived. He has tossed and thrown the frē and it has survived. He's flung it into dry dusty dirt and it has survived. Mark2 has provided some rigorous testing on the frē but I thought I could help as well. I must admit that I have tossed my phone into the tub (accidentally, yeah right) during bathtime throughout Mark2's testing of the frē. The frē by LIFEPROOF has proven that it is truly lifeproof and also kidproof. So for all you parents, I would like to inform you that LIFEPROOF is also KIDPROOF!


Mark2's own testing


My Family Did What 

Rates frē by LIFEPROOF


No comments:

Post a Comment