Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Adventures In Potty Training...

Nathaniel started show all the signs that he wanted to start potty training, so Lauren and I figured why not. Lauren read about this method that would have your child potty trained in three days. That was 3 weeks ago, and we're still working on it. It was going really well at first. He was telling us when he had to go potty. I was so impressed that he was doing so well. Success...NOT! The second week came around and he had a few accidents, but I figured that's to be expected from time to time. Let's be real, he's only two. As we went into week 3 I found that he flat he no longer wanted to let us know when he had to potty. I've had to just randomly place him on the potty and hope he goes. He also likes to give me a hard time when I do this, he does go and then we do all over again later. It's been this way for the last few days, but not today. Today was different. Today was the day that Nathaniel would manage to get poop on his brother, the couch and me. It was so comical kind of like a scene from a movie. There we where sitting on the couch, Mark2 on my lap and Nathaniel by my side. I thought I smelled something so I checked Mark2's diaper. There was nothing so I chalked it up to gas. At this point Nathaniel got up and moved and I thought nothing of it. I placed Mark2 where Nathaniel was sitting and continued to watch tv. There it was again, that smell, that lingering smell of poop. I turn to check Mark2's diaper and that's when I saw him standing in it. It was poop and it wasn't his. I quickly grabbed him off the coach and cried out "Oh no, he's got it on his legs" and then "Oh no, it's all over the couch. Mark2 had spread Nathaniel's poop all over the couch. Mark2 had manage to placed a huge blob of poop on his head. Yes, that's right...his head. Lauren and I cleaned up the boys and the couch and had a good laugh. We soon discovered that the couch incident wasn't the end of it though. At some point Nathaniel decided to use his toy box as a urinal. And so, the adventure continues 

💩

No comments:

Post a Comment