Friday, October 4, 2013

Getting Mark2 to nap with a little help from Phish...

So my youngest Mark2 tries to mimick his big brother when it comes to everything, including not napping or sleeping. The no napping front is progressively getting worse. It wouldn't be so bad if he would just be calm. We all know that with no sleep comes the onslaught of crankiness. The battle to get him to nap had begun and I losing the battle. My bobbler would nap; I was determined. I tried cradling him, rocking him, swinging him nothing worked. Finally I had an epiphany... I should try using music. If music could tame a savage beast, well why not a cranky bobbler. So I began to sing to him... FAIL! Next I tried playing some lullybyes, that began to make him act up more...  EPIC FAIL!  I wasn't giving up, he will/must nap. I began playing some songs on iTunes. "I'm so Tired" by the Beatles seemed to be working but he was still a bit restless. It was then that I remembered that when my first born Nathaniel would be restless, I played music by Phish. It worked every time, specially when I played Phish's cover of "I'm so Tired". Would this work? I switched from the Beatles to Phish's cover of the song. About 5 minutes had past... SUCESS!!!
You download a copy of I'm So Tired (Live Phish Vol.13) on iTunes 

No comments:

Post a Comment