Thursday, September 26, 2013

Late night... Again

So I'm hanging out late night with Nathaniel at 2AM. So I've given up on getting Nathaniel to fall asleep. It's now 2AM and he is so wide awake. I'm so envious of Lauren who is with my other son Mark sleeping in the bedroom. Once again, he fights to stay wake while I fight to get get him to sleep. Earlier today he put up a fight when I tried to get him to take a nap around 3PM. He won that battle, although he eventually he passed out on the floor around 7pm.

I'm still amazed. When he does want to sleep he'll just crash anywhere randomly.

I guess I have no one to blame but myself. You see,When I was a boy I would refuse to sleep. What's that old saying? Something about whatever you did to your parents you will also have to deal with, only worse. I now understand why my mother laughs when I tell her about my battle to get him to sleep early.
I think Nathaniel is starting to feel sorry for me at this point. He's combing through my hair with his fingers as I'm writing this.
I've tried several things to get him to fall asleep, but hs victories outweigh mine. I'm open to suggestions. Feel free to share your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment