Wednesday, November 19, 2014

The Cranberry Sauce Taste Challenge

I'm going to start off by letting you know that I have never been a fan of cranberry sauce. I tasted several canned cranberry sauces and I detest it! For those of you that are thinking "That's because you've never tasted fresh cranberry sauce." Let me stop you, I have! My wife on the other hand loves canned cranberry sauce, but has never tasted fresh cranberry sauce.
I've always been a fan of trying new foods, my wife not so much. I try to eat healthier, my wife not so much. My wife has agreed to make a conscious effort to try to eat healthier, and is coming around. I've been making most of our meals using groceries from Trader Joe's as of late. She believes that is one of the main reasons for helping her to like healthier foods. So I thought to myself; can Trader Joe's do the same for me with cranberry sauce? 
So I choose two types of cranberry sauces from Trader Joe's. Canned Cranberry Sauce and Fresh Cranberry Sauce. The Now when it comes to ingredients, both are almost identical (cranberries, water, and sugar) save for the Cranberry Sauce which has pectin added to it. Both have 0 grams of total fat and slightly differ in grams of sugar. 
For the this taste challenge I enlisted the aid of my wife and two boys. This would be the first time that my two children will be trying cranberry sauce. My wife very fond of the taste of the Fresh Cranberry Sauce although she had a problem with the consistency. My youngest also enjoyed the Fresh Cranberry Sauce more than the Cranberry Sauce. My oldest grabbed the Fresh Cranberry Sauce container and began to shovel handfuls of the stuff right into his mouth. I think we know which one he preferred. As for myself...  Although I did enjoy both the canned cranberry sauce and the fresh cranberry sauce, I enjoyed the latter much more. I think I can now enjoy cranberry sauce, just in time for Thanksgiving. We clearly have a winner here at Casa Jimenéz. 


The winner is:


*Consider playing the cranberry drinking game while reading this post. What's the cranberry drinking game you ask? Well it's simple. Every time you come across the word cranberry, you must to take a shot. You'll be hammered in no time?

No comments:

Post a Comment